Thursday, July 24, 2008

Habit Forming

Everyone has at least one habit. Isn’t that part of being normal? The more habits we have…the more normal we are. Well…that’s my take on it. Sometimes habits can be annoying…that is, to other people. I twirl my hair…a habit passed down from my dad. When I used to work OUTSIDE the home…not be confused with INSIDE the home, I would constantly twirl my hair at my desk. A secretary who sat near me subtly let me know that I was driving her CRAZY…. “Did I know that I had an annoying habit of twirling my hair?”

Colinboy has the habit of rubbing his nose when he is reading something or is deep in thought. That would be the OUTSIDE of his nose…not to be confused with the INSIDE of his nose. His pose resembles The Thinker so he totally gets away with his habit…looking very intelligent.

Sweet Wish plays with her ear…that would be the OUTSIDE of her ear... not be confused with the INSIDE of her ear. Her ear has been bent and twisted into many different shapes while reading, studying or relaxing. My favorite contortionist shape is the envelope.

And Big C is a belly button rubber…that would be an INNY belly button...not to be confused with an OUTY belly button. When she was little, I tried to limit this habit…especially when we were sitting in church during the Homily.

And PaulA has a HUGE habit of….hmmmm…can’t think of a single thing that guy does. No annoying habits. Now that is annoying right there. That just isn’t normal...he's not as normal as the rest of us.

If by chance you find yourself like PaulA, without a habit…I would suggest you think OUTSIDE the box…not to be confused with INSIDE the box…to come up with one…to make yourself normal. If you need help with a suggestion…I would like to propose one.

I propose that you read my blog everyday….so that it becomes habit forming. It should be routine. You should power up your computer and automatically go to my blog site, without any thought. It might become a bad habit…but remember you’ll be normal. This suggestion is totally in your best interest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha i still havent quit my habit yet!

Anonymous said...

haha i still havent quit my habit yet!

Anonymous said...

haha i still havent quit my habit yet!