Thursday, March 27, 2008

Why Share?

Do you mind sharing your food or splitting an entre? Uh, sharing is not for me. Especially not something sweet. The other day, PaulA mentioned getting ice cream and sharing it…between himself, Bri and Me. I was all for the ice cream….but share…Ha. Maybe a half-gallon, but not a cup! So Bri piped up and said, “Share, is not one of mom’s favorite words.” True, but not entirely.

I think I share a lot of things. I share a lot of myself….take this blog for instance. I share with the rest of blogworld how inept I can be. I share my time with my family and friends. I share my feelings…and I share my red SL550 Mercedes Roadster convertible with tan leather seats (wait, I don’t have one.) But when it comes to my food – forget it. Don’t think about sticking your fork on my plate, or worse…your spoon into my ice cream.

Restaurants usually don’t encourage sharing…and neither do I. I have to admit though, sharing does sound really sweet…very couplely, very cutesy, very romantic. But hey...again, not for me.

I just never realized my kids noticed my non-sharing tendencies!! When my kids were little, I always encouraged them to share with each other and with others. I guess I should practice what I preach. Okay, I think I will give it a try…

Next time I have a plate of lima beans…you are invited over to my plate and bring your largest fork….a pitch fork would be fine.

No comments: