Friday, September 19, 2014

September back to school/wedding

For many folks 
the month of September is 
Back to School month….
when parents and kids are 
buying 
school supplies and organizing their notebooks.
(Can you believe what families have to purchase these days?)
My, oh my, school supplies have multiplied...
and then divided into long lists.   

My kids are adults now...
 out of school (and college) 
and productive humans in society
(hip hip hooray) 
no more send-off handshakes on the First Day of School

so I don't have a reason to go to Staples to pick up school supplies…
but dang do I miss it.

There is something about the smell of Staples that I love. 
It brings me back to my inner kid and to 
helping my kids with their lists.

Okay, so I couldn't stop myself from going to Staples yesterday.
I just had to get a good sniff around the place
for old time sake.
While I was there 
I couldn't resist picking up a 1 subject notebook 
in which I wrote on the front cover
"Kat the Greatest" 
(an idiotsyncrasy from my youth)
and 
doodled a full page of flowers 
while I thought about everything I should be doing.


Anywhooooo……


While others are busy this September getting organized 
for school…..
I am very busy getting ready for a wedding…
which is 8 days from now.
Holy matrimony Batman, I don't have a lot of time.

And I have to admit...
as much as I love the smell of paper...

I love the smell of flowers a 
LOT 
LOT 
LOT 
more.
That's 3 lots...almost an acre more.



(note to self:  invent paper that smells like flowers)


I can't wait to hear 
Chelsea and Austin 
say their
"I Do's"
in just 8 days.


9.27.14
#hyatteverafter
xoxox



No comments: