Thursday, August 8, 2013

Congrats Bri on Job "Pounding"

Back in my day… 
looking for a job…
was about
"pounding the pavement."


But with today's technology…
it's more about
"pounding the keyboard."


Any kind of "pounding" to find a job 
is never a  
picnic/walk in the park/joy ride.
In other words…
it AIN'T easy.

That's why I'm  
supercalifragilisticexpealidoucious 
happy/proud
that Brianna is gainfully employed 
(go Bri) 
and has completed her 1st month 
of her 35 year sentence career.


Anywhoooooooo………..

After hearing about the extensive 
interview/interrogation process 
Brianna went through to get her job…
I remembered an 
interesting interview 
I once had for a systems position
in Jacksonville, FL.

I was a little nervous/intimidated as I sat across the Manager's large desk…
but I tried to remain cool….
(never let 'em see you sweat…
or smell your sweat fear.)

Towards the end of the interview, 
the Manager informed me that 
I was wearing the “right” colors.
I looked down to see what the heck I was wearing.
red blouse and a black skirt.
Huh ? 

That's when he pointed out that I was wearing his 
alma mater's school colors...
University of Georgia.  
Apparently he was getting good vibes from me 
as I sat there...
looking like a bulldog…

minus the protruding under bite.


It's a good thing I wasn't in a 
blue and orange mood 
when I dressed for the interview that morning. 

  That Bulldog alumnus might have 
lifted his leg,
 then thrown my scaly Gator ass out his door. 

To all you job seekers out there…
I wish you good luck.
I know...
it Ain't easy.

but
Keep on...Keep on... 
"pounding."


And a special
Congrats to 
Brianna
for a job... 
well done.
dang "papa"razzi is everywhere

No comments: