Thursday, April 11, 2013

Ventriloquist's Dummy



Recently I saw a ventriloquist on television
which immediately brought me back to my childhood and 
my childhood passion.

When I was around 10 years old,
I was fascinated with Ventriloquism.
 aka "throwing your voice."

 My fascination started with the Shari Lewis Show 
and her puppet, 
Lamb Chop.  


From then on I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

 I remember practicing every chance I could.
I'd stand in front of the bathroom mirror 
and talk to myself...
trying to not move my lips. 
I'd have long conversations with myself 
through a scary frozen smile.

(I probably looked like the Ventriloquist's dummy.)


And, I thought I was pretty darn good.  

I began visualizing my future as
 Kat the Ventroloquist...
touring the country with my dummy,
(Who you calling a dummy?)
making my dummy talk back to me.

Anywhoooo….

Shari Lewis's Lamb Chop 
was an adorable puppet that
could bring a smile to everyone's face.
(waaay cuter than the dummy.)

There is a even a painting 
you can buy on ebay entitled 
"Jesus Tries to Cheer Paul McCartney w/ Lambchop Puppet & 
Create Oasis at Home."  



I'm not sure why Jesus looks like Ashton Kutcher in
"Two and a Half Men."
(By the way, this painting can be yours for only $177,000.) 



After watching the ventriloquist on television…
I tried "throwing my voice"...just to see if I still had it
and I gotta tell ya...
I still have it.

I just said out loud to myself...
"Kat is one ace blogger."
And my lips didn't move.
I guess you will have to take my word for it.


Now that I know there is still a future for Ventriloquists...
I'm thinking I might have time to follow my dream.
Does anyone know where I can find a dummy?




Wait a minute...
 who you calling a dummy?

No comments: