Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Tomorrow …October 3rd is the 28th wedding anniversary of PaulA and Kat. Wow that’s a looong time. Being the traditionalists that we are, I’ll be wearing my wedding dress (faded and old)…no wise cracks please. We’ll be listening to our song "Something So Right" and dancing around the family room 1,2,3. 1,2,3. Actually it will be more like...stepping on each other shoes… trying to take the lead from each other. You can count on that. 1,2,3.

The words... “Something So Right” by Barbra Streisand are engraved inside our wedding bands. PaulA has tried to lose his ring twice…but it keeps finding its way back, even after losing it on 2 different golf courses. I knew losing a golf ball was a hazard of playing golf…but it also seems so is losing a wedding ring.

Our good friend, BillyA,who sang and played guitar at our wedding, informed me that Michelle and Barack Obama have the same anniversary date. But we had it first! I always knew we had a lot in common with the First Couple. Heck, we are both good looking and PaulA and I also live in a White House.

I’m sure this will be a special anniversary for the Obama’s…especially because it’s their first as President and First Lady in the White House. I wonder if Obama will sign his anniversary card to Michelle… Love, the President. Awwwww. As for cards, no one writes a better card than PaulA, even if you are Obama and have people writing for you.

For the past 28 years, PaulA has always made me feel special…like I was the First Lady. And even though PaulA might be considered the President of our White House…you can be sure…I always get the lead.

After all these years…still Something So Right.

No comments: