Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'm A Believer

OMG! Duncandog can see once again. He has seen the light.

For the past couple of weeks I’ve been wondering about Duncandog. He’s been running into walls and can’t get down the stairs without a few missteps…he misses a stair and ends up crashing to the bottom. OUCH! My first inclination was that he was into the booze again. Since his last stint in rehab he’s been good about staying off the sauce, but I’ve noticed he’s been spending a lot more time behind the back shed.

Then I thought maybe it was his old age showing. Heck, he is 11, which makes him as old as my Dad. Well, my Dad is 77…same thing. Maybe he needs doggie spectacles or Lasik. The eyes are always the first to go…then the knees…then the liver.

But it occurred to me…maybe it could be all the hair covering his face and eyes. So I pulled my own hair in front of my face like Cousin It…and understood why he was acting blind as dear cuz. I immediately scheduled him a visit to the groomer.

And now Duncan sees. He has seen the light…the light of day. Duncandog has been healed through a hair intervention. Wow. What a difference a good haircut makes. It makes life clearer and puts everything into perspective. Amen.

I’m glad I brought him in for a serious hair intervention to help him put his dark world behind and have him step back into the light. Now he will no longer stray and find himself running into the unmanageable walls of life. He will walk confidently in the light on a straightforward path. He will experience a true vision and clearly see the whites of people’s eyes. Duncan’s eyes, the window of his soul, will be seen in return.

Nothing like a successful hair intervention to set you straight. It sure has made a believer out of Duncandog. And made a believer out of me. Amen.

1 comment: