Monday, April 7, 2008

Lucky Number

Do you have a lucky number? Come on, I bet you do. You could be 8 or 88 and you have a lucky number…or one that you like. So you like the number for some special reason…either it’s your birthday, the number of kids you have, the number of girls you dated …the number of girls you wish you dated. And if you are Warren Jeffs …it could be the number 45, for the number of wives you have.

But you have one. Mine is 11. Once when I was in the 6th grade, I was in a Halloween costume contest. (Okay, this is lame.) We were given numbers and had to walk across a stage…and then were picked for best costume. The number on my penny was 11 and I won (the very last thing I won)...so I adopted the number 11 that day. I play the lottery every now and then and always throw in the number 11, but so far..I have come up short.

The number 11 has since played a way in my life. When I was young, my grandmother owned a camp on a waterfall previously owned by an electric company. The building was number 11…so we always called her camp, “Number 11”.

For some reason when I check the time on a digital clock….it will have the number 11 in it… 3:11, 8:11…or even 11:11 (which is the mother load of 11s). I frequently randomly wake up at night and will see some early hour plus 11…freaky fact. And this is interesting (to me)…this blog posting is number 111…eerie. So by my calculations, the next big day for me should be 1/11/11. Maybe that will be the day I win the lottery.

Hey, now that you know my favorite number…my favorite color is green. You know…like cold hard cash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your lying you told me it was 13
Anything for a story!