Friday, April 4, 2008

Call Me Martha

Are you or your kids a finicky or picky eater? Chels can be fussy when it comes to food. Colin is like his Dad…eats absolutely everything and Bri is somewhere in the normal to fussy range. One thing all 3 kids agree on: they don’t like cake. So the birthday cake is out of the question…. I make ice cream pies for their birthdays. I am now disclosing my ancient TOP SECRET recipe passed down from Nana. This recipe is very tricky…so good luck.

Make Rice Krispie treats according to the directions on the box. Put the Krispie mixture into a 9 inch pie plate to form a crust. Spoon in a half gallon of softened ice cream and put in freezer. Whala!!!

Martha Stewart can eat my cake tins.

I grew up with a dad who was finicky…which worked in the kid’s favor. My mom would look so proud bringing out her new casserole and my Dad would look at it suspiciously …taste it and say, “Alice…this is good.” For the next 30 minutes he would push it around his plate. It didn’t take her long to figure out that he was playing “hide the casserole.” We were saved...thanks Dad. She was too busy being mad at Dad to notice 4 kids with lumps of casserole staring back at them.

PaulA is a different story. No matter, what food I put in front of him…he’ll eat. So sorry kids, you can’t hide behind your father and his plate….his is totally clean and I see my tuna surprise wiggling over there.

No comments: