Tuesday, January 26, 2021

The Handwriting is on the Wall

 Happy Belated 

National Handwriting Day. 

Shame on me for missing the big day last Saturday.


Who handwrites a letter anymore? 

That would have been my late grandmother. 

I used to love reading letters from her.

She had the most beautiful penmanship; 

right up until age 94 ¾ . 


Are young kids even familiar with the word “penmanship?"

Penmanship is seriously going to hell in a 

handwriting basket.

The handwriting is on the wall...

penmanship,

 like the word itself,

is becoming extinct.


They say your handwriting is a window  

(not sure if it's double hung or bay)

into your personality traits or mental traits…

uh oh.


"They" say writers who use

large letters = more likely to be outgoing, people-oriented, and outspoken

small letters=  more shy and withdrawn

rounded letters = creative and artistic 

pointed letters = intelligent and curious

Big loops = open-minded, the need for adventure 

narrow loops = correlate to skepticism or restriction.


I'm afraid to have my handwriting analyzed...


Maybe I’m….

outspokenly withdrawn with a creative skepticism for adventure?



Anywhoooo….


The extent of my handwriting these days is 

signing an occasional electronic signature pad, 

which by the way, we know isn’t easy.

My signature ends up looking like a 2 year-old’s scribble 

so often that

I just scribble on purpose. 

Or I'll write

 “Kat was here”  

to see if anyone is really paying attention.

Apparently no one is

because  

I’ve also written 

“John Hancock”

on a signature pad.

I'm pretty sure18th century 

John Hancock would not be proud.


Discontent 

for using his signature is

handwritten all over his face.






No comments: