Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Benefit of 2020 Hindsight for 2021

AHHHH January

the month for resolutions.

It's the norm to start the New Year with an optimistic view...

with ways to better ourselves 

with creative solutions like

renaming the month of 

January...

Dry January

Veganuary

Organizeduary

Bloguary

Chelseauary wink wink 


Most New Year's resolutions start with..

Downsizing...

calories

caffeine

closet clutter

credit card 


 I agree that downsizing (over supersize me)

is a good place to start...

but I prefer to 

downsize my resolutions...

so I start small and then build on every little success.

Eventually I work my way up to the big stuff.

A snicker....before a big laugh.

A picture hung...before a gallery wall hung.

A topic sentence...before a topical blog.

Anywhooo....

Hindsight is 2020

and looking back at it

I realize I've learned a lot from the 

hits 

and the misses....

My T.P. hoarding tendencies weren't so weird, after all.

The child kicking the back of my seat on a crowded plane is just childish.

Standing room only at a bar is a workout for my elbows.

People talking in a cinema during the movie is tolerable.

The long lines for a bathroom at a music festival is price of admission.

A beer spilled on me at a Predators game is enthusiasm.

Getting together with my friends and family, whenever I wanted, is priceless.

A good series on Netflix is real entertainment.

And 

the phrase "Netflix and chill" 

isn't what I thought it was.šŸ’


May we use the 

benefit of 2020 hindsight

to have the insight

without any oversights

for a vital foresight.

into 2021.


Cheers 

and 

Here's to a collective win in 2021.


No comments: