Friday, November 27, 2020

Putting this on the Table

 We all know that 

Turkey 

takes center stage

for Thanksgiving dinner.

It wouldn't be a Thanksgiving feast 

without a domesticated pheasant.


But, every star needs a sidekick.

Bring on the side dishes.


What’s your favorite side dish?


My fav is the mashed potatoes…

no gravy, please.

A potato peel away from first is 

my cranberry sauce.

PaulA makes his own- cranorange sauce...

(Living in a cranHOUSE divided.) 



PaulA’s fav side dish is Uncle Alan’s Portuguese stuffing…

passed down from Alan’s Portuguese mama.  

Through the hands of 2 Portuguese and an Irishman...

nothing gets lost in translation.


On a savory note...

Northerners call it "stuffing"…

Southerners call it "dressing"  

and I hear 

Pennsylvanians call it "filling."

probably the ones from Philly


All I know is that

eating my fill of dressing stuffs me to the brim

which leads to extended time on the couch.


Anywhoooo…..


This Thanksgiving dinner will be a table for two... 

just PaulA and I.

Definitely a first.

I can't be sad

 cuz we will have 

our entire tribe for Christmas…

after they quarantine for 2 weeks before visiting. 

Plus, we are left with

more leftovers

AND

in addition to the

turkey and the fixin's,

I get to 

put this on the table.

Brianna & Christian are engaged.

                                        woo hoo

Move over Tom Turkey...

Brianna and Christian are the main event this Thanksgiving.


PaulA and I are so happy and excited.

We are gaining 

(other than apple pie pounds) 

a  smart, handsome, fun, loving and supportive

new son-in-law, Christian.


So going forward, 

we will have 8 adults at the grown-up table.

and a kid table currently at 2...and hopefully counting.


We are so Thankful 

for our family, our friends and 

the newly engaged lovebirds,

Brianna and Christian.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone

No comments: