Friday, November 13, 2020

Masking for a friend

 


Masks...

like them or dislike them, 

we are stuck with them 

to help slow the spread of Covid.  

So currently….

 I am masking for a friend and 

for my own ass health.


I hope you don’t mind me masking?  
What’s your massk look like lately? 

I have been wearing the blue disposable dealios…

until Chelsea upped my mask game and

bought me a couple cute(er) cloth masks

if there is such a thang.

I draw the line at coordinating them with outfits…at this point.


People have good intentions wearing masks, 

but aren't always wearing them correctly.

I'm pretty sure wearing them 

below the nose or

under the chin 

is like closing the barn door 

after the cows are out.*

*Vermonterism


I’m thinking if masks were made out of bacon, 

we would wear them over our nose and mouth. 

Bacon makes everything better.*

*another Vermonterism

*my mama's maiden name was Bacon

 


Anywhoooo.....


These days people are stashing masks everywhere 

so they have one when they need it.…

stuffed in pockets and purses, 

dangling from rearview windows; 

where high school graduation tassels or 

air fresheners used to hang. 

Eau de mask


I always keep a mask in my purse or in my car…

just in case...

which is perfect

IF I have my purse or my car.

 

This summer I found myself without both.

PaulA and I were visiting good friends on B.I.

and used their car to pick up some sandwiches. 

Riding shotgun with PaulA to pick up the order…

I headed to the take-out line outside…

but then realized I needed a mask to get them.  


Without my car and purse, I was one mask short of a sandwich.


So I went back to the car and 

I said to PaulA: “Honey, take your shirt off."

  PaulA replied:  "Really Kat?…right here, right now? in the car?"

me:  "Haha PaulA...you're funny…I need your shirt."


PaulA took his shirt off, 

tossed it to me and 

I wrapped it around my face.  

A size "L" cotton blend red t-shirt isn’t my best look 

but it passed as a face covering.

And no one gave me a second look or 

second guessed my mask game.

And super lucky for me, 

his shirt was still smelling downy fresh.


Going forward, I will continue 

masking for a friend 

and for myself.

Plus,

this is the closest I will ever get to being a 

superhero.


Admittedly so…

Catwoman 

looks way cooler in her mask

than this


Katwoman 

looks in hers.


1 comment:

Port said...

Loved it, Kat! Especially the BACON reference!