Thursday, October 3, 2019

"I Do" it All Over Again

38 years ago today…
standing before God, 
our family and friends…
PaulA and I said 
"I DO."
And it was the easiest, 
surest 2 words I've ever spoken.

There was no stumbling or mumbling…
No
I  boo, I coo, I foo.
achooo

Just a solid
"I DO."


And it was...
"Something so right."
(Hence my fav Barbara Streisand song 
solidly inscribed in our wedding bands.)

and 

"I Do"
it all over and over again.



So all those years ago...
was it written in the stars that our paths would cross at UVM?  
Was there a higher power at work...
maybe a kismet colossal big bang theory?

Or 
then again,

maybe it was a
 a Samuel L. Jackson voice from above 
telling PaulA to transfer schools...

"go to groovy UV young man,
where you will learn to ski, 
drink yards of beer, 
and meet a chick."
(It was the late 70's, after all.)



Anywhoooo.....


Life can not always be rainbows, 
unicorns and 
sickening sweet candy corn...

but when it comes to lovin' 
PaulA 
for 38 years...


it is easy 
as cake.


I sure picked a great guy
38 years ago...
who knew I was that smart?


No comments: