Tuesday, July 12, 2022

The Katillac

                                                                     There is an Art 

                                                           to logging beach time.  


Let me paint you a little picture:
First.. you need a smidge of time off 
followed by a dab of good weather...
but the key stroke 
to logging great beach time 
is the beach chair.
got the picture?

I have tried lying on a beach towel...
which allows for maximum recline,
 but minimum comfort. 
The sand gets pretty hard on the back and the behind ...
especially after 5 or so hours. 
Plus it's  hard to keep the sand off myself
without looking like a 
cinnamon sugar donut.

Anywhoooooooo

A couple of years ago PaulA gave me 
THE grand dame of beach chairs...
a deluxe model with all the bells and whistles. 
Woot Woot.  Toot. Toot.

It’s wasn't your stripped down entry-level Ford 
of a beach chair. 
It was a Cadillac
or as I call it....

The Katillac
(ack, ack, ack, ack)


 
Everyone has their own preferences 
when it comes to their beach chair...
but the features of The Katillac that work for me:


Wide bamboo arms 
that don’t burn my arms in the hot burning sun.

Pillow and ottoman 
for an occasional seaside siesta.

A drink holder 
for my apple juice. hehe

A towel bar 
for my beach towel...der.

And a comfortable strap to carry it...
over PaulA’s shoulder.
you da man

This beach chair has Kat written all over it...
okay...so I may have written
 "Katillac" 
on the wood arm.

But just because I have my name written on it 
doesn’t mean I wouldn’t let someone else sit in it 
for a few seconds.




Be my guest
Alice and Ansley
(My late mom and my 1st grandchild)



I have noticed, however, that 
no one else ever sits in The Katillac.
PaulA will set up the beach and when I get there... 
the Katillac remains open.
 
Hmmm...
I don’t remember threatening anyone?

It's not like I think I'm the
 Queen of the beach...

and require royal treatment.


Anywhoooo.....




See you on the beach...

JUST NOT IN MY CHAIR.

got the picture?







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Queen Kat. Can’t wait to see you and the chair. ❌⭕️💜❤️💗