Sunday, October 9, 2016

No Clowning Around

DON'T send in the clowns.

I don't know about you but I have a fear of clowns …
aka Coulrophobia.  
Apparently you can have a phobia to just about anything.  
If you can name it…you can be afraid of it.
ie…if something is a noun…you can fear it.
(I wonder if the fear of "nouns" is called nounophobia?)  

So now I'm finding out….
my fear of chopsticks has a fancy name…
Consecotaleophobia.   
Think about it...
you could get a splinter stuck in your throat. 
(Okay, maybe I'm awkward with using chopsticks.
I haven't mastered the chopstick.
I have mastered the fork.)

anywhoooo……

It's not yet Halloween but there is a new 
clown in town.


Move over Chuckles-the-Clown.

The Creepy Clown is 
h-e-r-e.
creep or treat


Wether the recent clown claims are hearsay and hoax 
or authentic and accurate…
social media is fueling the creepy clown hysteria 
giving Average Joe Clown a good reason 
to be a sad sack
behind his plastered smile.



A "Clowns Lives Matter" Parade is scheduled in Tuscon, AZ on Oct. 15.
The Clowns do matter...
but paint me out of that picture.
I've never been a fan of clowns with their freaky features and 
numerous Clowni together
sounds frightening.
 Heck, even children who are supposed to like clowns 
fear them.  

You can't kid a kid…so call me a kid 
and give me  a lollipop.

How about that story of the dad in Auburn MA, who was dressed as a clown 
and following a school bus. 
Turns out his kids were on the bus…
and he was just clowning around.  
Not funny. 
Give that dad the Bozo Award 
and a night in the slammer.

The only time I think a clown isn't scary is when he's riding in his clown car 
and honking the horn
or 
I'm on a long road trip and in need of a greasy burger.

Nothing  puts a smile on my face 
more than Ronald McDonald
smiling back at me.


Let's face it…
the upside of the creepy clown craze of 2016, 
 is that it  …
takes the focus off the other clowns 
who are running for President 2016.


(couldn't resist)

No comments: