Thursday, January 21, 2016

Happy 30th Birthday Chelsea


Chelsea is 
XXX
(Don't worry…she's not X-rated…
 just roman numerals for 30.)


Today Chelsea 
is staring down the barrel 
of a new DECADE.

No worries my dear Chelsea, 
30 is the new 20
and at 30 
you have the benefit of learning from past life experiences.
Every day has brought you to where you are now…
the sweet spot…

older and wiser than those in their teens and twenties…
and a youngster to those in their 40's, 50's and BEYOND
Enjoy that sweet spot.



A birthday on January 21st puts Chelsea 
under the Aquarius Zodiac sign. 
I find it hard not to sing the song 
"The Age of Aquarius" by the 5th Dimension…
a song that was big in the late 60's.  

Chelsea actually makes a great 
flower child of the 60's 
with her flower crown and Free People threads.
Sing with me….
"When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius
The Age of Aquarius
Aquarius, Aquarius"

Anywhoooo….

30 is a milestone birthday…
a mile marker along the road of life.

As much as Chelsea is thinking about 
her age now starting with a 3, 
her birthday is also a 
milestone threshold moment for PaulA and I.

A threshold where I can't help but pause and
 think back to her past milestones...
her first words (dog, dog),  
her first steps (1/31/87), 
her first birthday (St. Louis-1/21/87), 


her first haircut (1/6/90),


her first wheels (Bri made Chelsea a car for 16th bday)



her graduation day from BAMA (mother's day, 2008), 



her marriage to Austin, her college sweetheart (9/27/2014).


But along with the many milestones...
I like to think back to the 
small quiet moments with Chelsea…
moments with no particular dates on a calendar
just wonderful memories I carry with me...
holding baby Chelsea on my lap, 
putting bows in her hair, 
reading her Berenstain Bears Books,
making her favorite grilled cheese sandwiches, 
pushing her on the swings, 
Chelsea waving goodbye from the school bus window, 
her big smile getting off the bus to come home, 
Chelsea playing with Colin and Brianna,
Chelsea hugging her baby doll...
...the small things.



1/21 is a big BIG day for Chelsea


…and also a big BIG day for me...
(I can't jump that high)

...the day Chelsea 
and our dear Lord 
made me a mom...
the best job. ever.


Happy XXX birthday Chelsea

I'm  adding a couple of O's to your X's

XOXOX