Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mr. Happy


What's your happiness quotient?
What brings you happiness?
Fame?
Fortune?
(I’d settle for a cool million dollars and/or
 a million cool blog readers.)

I’ve read that happiness
is a skill that requires both time and effort.
Great, now we  have to add "get happy" to our To-Do Lists. 
Aren't our lists long enough?
No wonder so many people are walking around ala Oscar-the-Groucho-Marx.
Who needs more work in one day?

I suppose there are a few ways...to "get happy."
Gadget happy with the new iPad2.
Trigger happy with a sawed-off shotgun.
Happy Meal happy with a supersized McNuggets...extra fries. 

Silly songs can bring you to a happy place...
like “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” ...for da rastas or
“Happy Days are Here Again”...for dem demacrats.

I suppose camping works....I hear there are lots of happy campers.

Anywhooo.............

Scientists are now happy because they have found the happiest man in the world.
The real Mr. Happy...
Matthieu Ricard.
A 60 year-old French academic-turned-Buddhist monk
who meditates for hours...and hours.
They say long hours of meditation produce a huge level of “positive emotions." 
(Maybe Matthieu's meditating about a Pamela Anderson hook up.)

I think I might give meditation a try.
But, if it doesn’t increase my happiness quotient,
I’ll just visit my happy place...
happy hour...

where I get both
happy feet
and slap happy.

5 comments:

Bri @ Sea said...

what about this silly song? I think it's just perfect.

happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear katwomannnn,
happy birthday to YOU!

love you so much!! <3

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Evеry weekend i useԁ to рay a quick νisit thіѕ ωеbsite, for the reаson that i ωish for enjоyment, for the reason that
thіs this site cοnations genuinely good
funny datа tоo.

Αlsо vіsit mу blog; raspberry ketone

Anonymous said...

Ηi there, thiѕ weekеnd is fastiԁious for me, aѕ thіs oсcаsiοn і am readіng thiѕ wonderful eԁucational рost hеre at my housе.


Feеl free to ѕurf to my homeρage
- national debt relief stimulus plan reviews

Anonymous said...

What's up it's me, Ӏ am also visitіng this ωеbѕіte dailу, thіs wеbsite is genuinely plеasant аnd the
ѵіeweгs are іn fact ѕharing fastidious thoughts.


Mу blog ροst ... sportsbet **