Tuesday, August 3, 2010

VIEWing Obama



What’s your view of President Obama appearing on The View...a sitting president sitting down for a little chat on a daytime talk show?

My first thought was that it didn’t seem very presidential. I’m very respectful of the Office of the President...so I wouldn’t want it to be watered down...like a shaken martini. Stirred only, please. And doesn’t Obama have more pressing and urgent matters to attend to...like the economy, war, and his playful Portie?

But this is 2010...and things are different. Heck, he promised change...Remember?

Anywho...............

The Obama family has a tradition at dinner of talking about roses and thorns. The rose being something good that happened and the thorn being a low moment or problem they had to deal with. So Baba Wawa asked Obama what his rose and thorn was during the past month of his presidency. He stated the obvious...his rose was the BP oil spill...and his thorn was the family trip they took to Maine. Or was that the other way around???

I got to wondering.....hmmmm...Could you see George Washington on The View being asked that same question? I can hear George answering, “I cannot tell a lie...my rose would be marrying Martha. I was damn lucky to marry into money. My thorn is the rumor that my teeth are wooden...which is not at all true. Although I do have a wooden leg...which comes in handy for maximum grog consumption."

Or President Abraham Lincoln answering, “My rose would be my stovepipe hat hides the fact that I’m actually only 5 feet 5 inches. My thorn is the premonition that someone might have an axe to grind with me. Or is it a bullet to the head? Well, one of the two."

Okay, and what about Bill Clinton’s presidency? “My thorn would be my encounter with Monica Lewinsky. My rose would be my encounter with Monica Lewinsky." hubba hubba.

On second thought, I guess I'm okay with the daytime TV VIEWing of President Obama...just as long I don’t ever tune-in and see President Obama on the Jersey Shore fist pumping with Pauly D.

2 comments:

bic C said...

haha yea i have found it a bit strange as well to see him on Jay Leno and other talk shows...But he is a likeable person....

Ok in the past month

My rose has been my amazing trip to manomet with my awesome family

My thorn would be having to wait 2 months for my Beauuuuutiful couches!!! ;)

big C said...

How do you know about Jersey Shore and Pauly D!!!!!! I am proud to say you are my mom