Wednesday, January 3, 2024

I Love Golf/I Hate Golf - The Golf Go-Round

 Golf is the most humbling sport you can play. 

It doesn’t give you 

LOVE 

like Tennis

and it's not

FORE

the faint of heart.

I learned to play golf with a group of friends 

many golf ball revolutions ago.  

So I should be a pro by now, right?  


My friend, Elaine, remembers a shot when I

chipped in on a green so elevated

that I couldn't see the top of the flag. 

It was a beautiful stroke

of luck. 

That hole today is a parking lot 

in a strip mall.


I have to admit, 

I score better shopping. 

 

50% OFF Sale…

KAT SHOPS.

KAT SCORES.



There are times when I'm on fire...

firing on all cylinders...

like the other day when 

I chipped in from off the green.  

Drained it….BOOM... 

bottom of the cup.  


Golf is Easy. 


I LOVE GOLF. 


However, 

there are days 

when I play like I was never introduced to a golf ball.  

So I need to re-introduce myself,

like the classic Honeymooners golf episode…

"Hello ball.” 


 Golf is Hard. 


I HATE GOLF.  

 The classic

golf-go-round...


I LOVE GOLF/ I HATE GOLF




Anywhoooo…..


Golf courses are usually

 pretty places.  


I LOVE GOLF.





Even if you aren’t having the best round, 

you can enjoy the views,



the fresh air,



and 



wild life.









PaulA loves to give me pointers

and 

I try to follow what Coach PaulA tells me....






but I find it very hard when he says….


“Move your front foot back.” 

 

Coach, Whaaat you talkin'' 'bout?

I only have a left foot and a right foot.


(Apparently good golfers have a 

left foot, right foot 

AND 

a front foot.)



I HATE GOLF.



Then he'll tell me stuff like...


"less arm, 

more wrist,

less dip,

 more turn"...  




but the ball doesn't cooperate.

I REALLY HATE GOLF.

Fortunately, a round of golf

 is followed by 

my most favorite round…


a gin and tonic with lime, 

please.



I REALLY, REALLY LOVE GOLF.