Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Manomet 2.0 HOMEwork

 For some time now we’ve been busy 

building Mano 2.0 



which has been exciting 

but has required lots of HOMEwork…

lotsa visits to plumbing stores, tile stores, floor stores, 

kitchen stores, quartz stores, 

you name it stores….etc etc etc


I’m hoping now that all is said and built…




I get an "A" on my HOMEwork  

Or at least Extra Credit for the work involved. 


I remember a particular visit to a plumbing store 

where after too much time there…

I got the freaky feels.


As I walked through an aisle of toilets, 

I was caught off guard when 

a few toilets raised their lids.



 After I put 1 and 1 together

and got Number 2, 

I realized the toilets weren’t alive. 

So then, 

 I did what every mature acting person would do.

I walked back and forth to get them to raise and lower again  

and again 

and again.

There is nothing like a 21 toilet salute.


I am not a fan of automatic lids on toilets for a 

couple of reasons.


Number 1:  they would be especially creepy at night.

Number 2:  ….ummmm


Number 1 and Number 2 ….

That pretty much sums up toilets.


From the bowels of the store,

 I moved up the pipeline 

to faucets.  

After staring at kitchen faucets way too long…

the long goose necks seemingly came alive.  



No longer were they mechanical devices for delivering water…

they were evil creatures …

twisting and turning themselves toward me…

in an effort 

to grab me and pull me down the drain. 

It was time to plumb and run.


As months upon months 

rolled by 

with unending waves of Manomet 2.0 HOMEwork,

I hit the plaster wall 

when it came to choosing paint. 

Paint ain’t easy, folks.  

There’s so much to consider like

undertones and 

LRV (Light Reflectance Value.)

Apparently

if the room is facing east/west/north/south...

our guys,

Ben Moore and Sher Williams, 

can look differently on your walls.  

 So don’t forget your compass, Columbus.


There may be 50 shades of gray, 

but I found there are 100 shades of white…

super white, pure white, simply white, alabaster white, etc etc.


I went round and round with so many different whites 

that I painted myself into a corner.

The whole paintful experience had me turning 

Ghostly White…

which could have been the perfect white 

but I also had to consider…

Sickly White.



Anywhooooo


Manomet 2.0 HOMEwork is finally finished

and turned in.



All we need now for finishing touches is…

visitors.


If you’ve managed to read 

this blog 

thus far….


you are cordially invited.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the general contractor did her HOMEwork well!