Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Happy New Year 2019


Happy New Year 

I hope y'all had a good New Year's.

If the study at Duke University regarding 
your New Year's eve experience 
rings true...
 ...it might not have been your best.


Survey says:

83% of people are usually disappointed with New Years Eve.

And they had a formula to make the study look legit...
 I just love a formula.

This year the Dukies would have to put us in the other 17% of the study.   

I went outside my self imposed pop/country box 
and saw a show that Bri was calling a 
“mini Newport Folk Festival.”  
(Thanks Tom and Beth for the idea and making the trip to Nashville). 

selfie gone askew

All three artists were amazing...
(over-used word…but fits.)
Iris deMent, 
Nathaniel Raitliff and The Night Sweats,
cool name and cooler band 
and
John Prine. 

John Prine is for sure the ultimate storyteller.
A man with a song that begins “I am an old woman is an interesting dude.
The show went for 5 hours...until the first hour of 2019. 


This Kat was getting tired 
so I would have thought Prine would have been plum tuckered out. 
Did I need to remind John Prine..
he is an old woman.

Anywhoooooo

How are your resolutions going?
Here’s another who-cares? fact for you.
40 percent of us make resolutions.
Hence the long lines this week for salads and the jammed gyms.
 Don't worry folks, 
you'll get your favorite treadmill back in about a month.

Maybe you didn’t make any resolutions…like Oprah. 
What a slacker.
Oprah says that instead...she commits to staying in the moment 
and can literally cry over a leaf.
I could too…if it was a wet leaf and I slipped on it.  
I love nature and all, but it would have to be an amazing leaf.  
Maybe one where you could see the Virgin Mary in it.  
I think that would get me to cry.  
Otherwise I just be raking it up in a compost pile.

I try not to set myself up for failure and aim too big with my resolutions.
People like Bill Gates who resolve to use technology 
to eradicate polio and study Alzheimers are well intentioned and needed but …
he might need to dial it back and give himself some slack...
like Oprah who is in the corner 
crying over leaves.

In an effort to keep my resolutions within reach…
I decided to only make resolutions that rhyme with 2019.
So if it don't rhyme with "nineteen"…it will be unseen.
.

Here we go:

Eat foods that are clean.
Be twixt and Be tween.
Get some boots at LLBean.
Be lean and mean.
Be a good human bean being.
Play the tambourine on a trampoline.
Be heard and not seen.
Refrain from making a scene.
Tolerate a movie about a Woverine.
Avoid breaking phone into smitherene.
Learn to wave like a queen.



I’m looking forward to 2020  
No hurry tho
when my resolutions rhyme with twenty...
Eat more Good and Plenty.

Have a great 2019!


No comments: